2. Eligibility: Subject to additional restrictions below, contest open only to residents of the state of Indiana, eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry and owner(s) and primary resident(s) of the household. Contest is not open to employees of Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with such employees.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest period begins at 12:01 a.m. (E.D.T) August 1, 2011 with entries due no later than 5:00 p.m. (E.D.T.) August 18, 2011 and voting beginning at 12:01 a.m. (E.D.T.) on August 29, 2011, and concluding at 11:59 p.m. (E.D.T.) on September 10, 2011.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning August 1, 2011, at 12:01 a.m. (E.D.T) and ending August 18, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. (E.D.T) enter by submitting an official entry form along with photos (no more than three) of your kitchen and a brief essay of no more than 250 words on why your kitchen should be judged the ugliest kitchen. Each photo submission must be an authentic, original photograph taken by contestant identified on the accompanying entry form, and the contestant must own the copyright in the photograph submitted. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. Online entries must be accompanied by a digital photograph of no larger than 1000 pixels psi or file size of 2 megabytes. Sponsor will accept photos in jpeg format only.
Entries with incomplete or incorrect information will not be accepted. Submitting this information, the photos and an entry form serves as a release for Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works to use your entry and photos in advertisements promoting the contest and on its web site. All photos become property of Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works and will not be returned.
MAIL OR IN-PERSON ENTRY: Official entry forms are available in Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works advertisements appearing in the Journal and Courier during the contest period, and at Henry Poor Lumber Company, 3315 Brady Lane, Lafayette, Indiana. Enter by completing all of the required information and mail or drop off your entry to Henry Poor Lumber Company, 3315 Brady Lane., Lafayette, Indiana 47909, Attention: Ugly Kitchen Contest. In person entries must be received by 5:00 PM (E.D.T.), August 18, 2011. Mailed entries must be postmarked by August 18, 2011 and received no later than August 23, 2011. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Only one entry per mailing envelope. Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, mutilated or misdirected entries. Limit one entry per person, during the Contest Period.
ONLINE ENTRY: Visit the Ugly Kitchen Contest on the Henry Poor Lumber Company website (www.henrypoor.com), beginning August 1, 2011. Complete the entry form, upload photos, submit your write up and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SUBMIT” button. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Online submissions must be received by 5:00 p.m., August 18, 2011.
Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned “Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
5. SELECTION OF FINALISTS: Representatives of Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works will select up to five finalists from all entries. Odds of being named a finalist depend upon the number of eligible entries received. During the week of August 19-August 26, 2011, a representative from Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works will contact the finalists to arrange for a home visit. Decision on the contest finalists is solely up to the representatives of Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works and is final.
6. VOTING PROCEDURES AND RULES: The voting period will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.D.T.) August 29, 2011 and conclude at 11:59 p.m. (E.D.T) September 10, 2011 by visiting the Henry Poor Lumber Company website (www.henrypoor.com) and clicking on the contest voting link. Voting is open to the general public. Online voting is limited to persons 13 years of age or older. Voters may vote for their choice of ugliest kitchen among the five finalists as determined by Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Limit, one (1) vote per email address per entry per day. Sponsors will not be responsible for failure to receive votes due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries and votes will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of sponsor and none will be returned.
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by sponsor in its sole discretion, and sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
8. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a fifteen thousand dollar ($15,000) custom kitchen makeover including cabinets, countertops flooring, sink cabinet hardware, minor drywall and paint from Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works. Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works will provide labor for removal and replacement of existing cabinets and countertops. Prize excludes drywall, electrical, plumbing, appliances and any material or labor associated or required with these trades. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize and cannot redeem prize for cash. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. For prizewinners list (available after September 12, 2011), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Sponsor, Ugly Kitchen Contest Winners, c/o Henry Poor Lumber Company Lumber & Home Works, 3315 Brady Lane, Lafayette, Indiana 47909.
10. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Indiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Indiana, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Indiana. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the contest, contestants release Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, damage to reputation or portrayal in a false light).
12. SPONSOR: The Ugly Kitchen Contest is sponsored by Henry Poor Lumber Company & Home Works, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. If you have any questions regarding this contest or would like a copy of the official Contest rules, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Ugly Kitchen Contest Rules, c/o Henry Poor Lumber Company Lumber & Home Works, 3315 Brady Lane, Lafayette, Indiana 47909.